Elon Musk (born June 28, 1971) is a business mogul and investor. He is the creator, CEO, and chief engineer of SpaceX; an angel investor, CEO, and product architect of Tesla, Inc.; the owner and CEO of Twitter, Inc.; the founder of The Boring Company; the co-founder of Neuralink and OpenAI; and the president of the charitable Elon Musk Foundation.
Elon Musk is the second-wealthiest person in the world, according to both the Bloomberg Billionaires Index and Forbes’ real-time billionaire’s list, with an estimated net worth of roughly $139 billion as of December 23, 2022, mostly from his ownership shares in Tesla and SpaceX. Elon Musk was born in Pretoria, South Africa, and briefly attended the University of Pretoria before relocating to Canada at the age of 18, receiving citizenship via his Canadian-born mother.
- $145.7B, $70M (0.05%), Real-Time Net Worth
Elon Musk CEO, of Tesla
Two years later, he enrolled at Queen’s University and moved to the University of Pennsylvania, where he earned bachelor’s degrees in economics and physics. In 1995, he came to California to attend Stanford University. He quit college after two days and co-founded Zip2, an online city guide software firm, with his brother Kimbal. Zip2 was bought by Compaq for $307 million in 1999, and Musk co-founded X.com, a direct bank.
In 2000, X.com combined with Confinity to establish PayPal, which eBay purchased for $1.5 billion in 2002. Elon Musk launched SpaceX, a spaceflight services firm, with $175.8 million in 2002. He was an early investor in Tesla Motors, Inc. in 2004. (now Tesla, Inc.). He became its chairman and product architect before becoming CEO in 2008. In 2006, he helped found SolarCity, a solar energy firm that was eventually bought by Tesla and renamed Tesla Energy.
In 2015, he co-founded OpenAI, a non-profit artificial intelligence research organization. The next year, he co-founded Neuralink, a neurotechnology business that develops brain-computer interfaces, and The Boring Company, a tunnel construction company. Musk has also envisioned a hyperloop high-speed vactrain transportation system. His $44 billion purchase of Twitter was finalized in 2022.
Musk is a provocative personality who has made controversial political and technological pronouncements, notably on Twitter. He has been chastised for making unscientific and deceptive claims, including propagating COVID-19 falsehoods. In 2018, Elon Musk was sued by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) for fraudulently claiming that he had secured funds for a private buyout of Tesla. Musk stood down as Tesla’s chairman and paid a $20 million fine as part of a settlement arrangement with the SEC.
Musk, who is concerned about population decline, has nine offspring with three women, including triplets and two sets of twins. Musk, who is concerned about population decline, has nine offspring with three women, including triplets and two sets of twins. Musk learned to code as a child in South Africa and sold his first game, Blastar, for about $500.
” I use a physics-based approach to analysis. You start with the primary principles or fundamental facts of a subject and work your way up from there.“
- Elon Musk cofounded six businesses, including Tesla, SpaceX, and the Boring Company, a tunnelling venture.
- He owns around 25% of Tesla via stock and options, but has pledged more than half of his shares as security for loans.
- After a fundraising round in May 2022, SpaceX is valued $127 billion, having tripled its value in three years.
- Boring Company, which seeks to eliminate traffic, received $675 million in April 2022 at a value of $5.7 billion.
- After Musk declared a 9.1% ownership and threatened a hostile takeover, Twitter’s board decided to sell the firm to Elon Musk for $44 billion in April 2022.
- After Musk attempted to back out and Twitter sued, the acquisition was finalised in October 2022. Musk currently controls around 74% of the corporation.
Also Read: Musk’s Tesla Sell-Off
- Age: 51
- Source of Wealth: Tesla, SpaceX, Self Made
- Self-Made Score: 8
- Philanthropy Score: 1
- Residence: Austin, Texas
- Citizenship: United States
- Marital Status: Single
- Children: 10
- Education: Bachelor of Arts/Science, University of Pennsylvania